Music by The Refusers

Thursday, March 29, 2012

An Apple a Day is Not Enough - A Poem by Taylor Mali




"An Apple a Day Is Not Enough" is a powerful poem written and performed by Taylor Mali (a well-known spoken word artist and teacher) about the importance of health education. It's done in the style of kinetic typography. We must get the word out about the importance of health education and its ability to get this country's health back on track—but we can't do it alone. Please share this video: Forward it, blog about it, like it on Facebook and send it to your Twitter followers. We'd also love to hear your thoughts on the issue in the comments below.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good one Mike.

Drink more water" however is one element that concerns me. It is not necessary to drink lots of water in my opinion. It is how healthy it is and by that I mean that it is natural water - not fluoridated - not chlorinated - not distilled - but taken from a natural source like a stream. Water from its natural state contains elements that feed our cells - It is not just for only quenching our thirst. In our present world I realise this is not easy especially for those living in cities but if what I have just said were recognised they'd find a way I'm sure. Up here in the Yukon I have a choice and I know I am lucky.

Michael.

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

Indeed you are lucky.

Mike