Converge for Justice
Occupy Wall Street, South
Break Up BOA’s Business as Usual!
May 6-9, Charlotte, NC
On May 6-9 people from across the country and world will be converging in Charlotte, NC, home of Bank of America’s Headquarters and their annual Shareholder meeting, to demand an end to their practices that are bankrupting our economy and wrecking our climate.
Homeowners, students, immigrants, environmentalists, workers, women’s groups, peace activists and more will be in Charlotte, bringing their stories, hearts and communities to the fight against Bank of America and the economic inequality, racial injustice and environmental destruction they have wrought.
Bank of America is:
- Number 1 forecloser of homes in the US,
- Number 1 funder of the US coal industry,
- Job killer by letting go of nearly 100,000 workers over the past several years,
- Bonus Buster paying its top five executives over $500 million in bonuses,
- Saddling students with a lifetime of debt, and
- Financing the war machine.
As a global community united for real economic and racial justice, it is time that BoA is held accountable, invest in public needs and services, or face being broken up to achieve the justice we need. Whether you are a community member, homeowner, worker or student, we need to come together to challenge corporate power and create an economy and democracy that works for all of us.
Join the 99% for a Week of Actions as We Break Up Bank of America’s Business As Usual!
Week of Action!