Music by The Refusers

Friday, May 20, 2011

Sofia Jannok och familjen - Rissajavri




 I lost the video so I republished this blog entry.

I saw this TV special last night and was impressed with the quality of the song that these two Swedish artists produced. 

I thought that I should explain this musical experience.  This was a TV special in which a music producer invites one Sami artist from the top of Sweden and one popular rock or pop artist from southern Sweden and they stay together for 3 days and write an original music & text and create a new song.  Sofia sings in the Sami language and Familjen in Swedish.


The girl, Sofia you have heard before, the other young man is from Malmo at the very southern tip off Sweden and a well know techno, electronic music artist. 
The pictures were various clips taken from the TV special.

Enjoy.

 

4 comments:

Sihirli Yazılar said...

Mike, I just glanced at your website (www.faith-restored.com). You've used interesting sentences there. You're generally talking about faith. I mean you've used some general expressions. You haven't talked about especially Christianity. You know, we are Turkish Muslims here. But having faith in the same and only God (though diffrent books), I think your words there may speak to also Turks, if I'm not mistaken. What do you think about this? I mean, I have also a Turkish blog (www.sihirliyazilar2.blogspot.com). Maybe I can translate some parts into Turkish and publish there, of course by using your name, if it's suitable for you and if your words are not only related with Christianity, on the contrary related with a universal faith-religion-God view. I'll come later to see your reply. Thanks...

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

Hello Sihirli:

You have my permission and blessings to translate my writings into English if you wish. I believe that what I write has universal appeal. It is popular worldwide as is my blog. As humans we all have the same humanity and emotions and dreams.

I only ask that you start with this message 1st.

http://mnhopkins.blogspot.com/2011/03/fyra-vanners-budskap-om-tro-och-tillit.html

Then after that publish the First Release in Turkish and remember always to give the link to the orginal English version.

Start with these 2 and see how it goes.

My Swedish friend spend a long time to translate my writings into Swedish. He said that the more he read and did this the better he felt. I hope that it is a good wexperience for you if you so wish to do this.

My kindest regards & best wishes,
Mike

Sihirli Yazılar said...

Hello Mike,

Although I began to translate the entry part today, later I decided to give up doing this when I saw that these writings unfortunately exceeded my English knowledge:(
Anyway, I hope them to be translated into some other languages including Turkish (in addition to Swedish) someday by someone else who knows English better than me.

Best Wishes,
Take Care...

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

Hello Shirli:

Thank you so much for your offer. I'm glad that you were so honest and responsible as to tell me this direct and for this am I grateful.

My English used in my writings is a very old more poetic usage and one must have a pretty good knowledge of the English language to understand it. So don't feel bad.

Be well and kind regards,
Mike