Music by The Refusers

Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Song From Thievery Corporation - Culture of Fear




Thievery Corporation. Culture of Fear

Lyrics:

Seems to me like they want us to be afraid, man
Or maybe we just like being afraid
Maybe we just so used to it at this point that it's just a part of us
Part of our culture
Security alert on orange
It's been on orange since '01 G,
I mean what's up man
Can't a brother get yellow man
Just for like two months or something
God damn
Sick o' that
Mic check
The groove is dead so I'm a rhyme like a lunatic
I do this shit with an unassuming wit
The corporation conjured up the bass and the tempo
My name is Liff, that's the intro, now let's go
The flow of life throwing strife into the mix
The big dark condition and the word is sick
The powers that be
A power in me
To speak a cause
Stress and strife that I see every day
And more to speak upon
Culture of fear
It's up in your ear
They're telling us terrorists about to strike
May be tonight
Right
Let me just back up slowly
With critical analysis of those who control me
It used to be we just had a screen in the crib
On the TV
But now we carry screens when we leave see
Laptops smart phones now we're never alone
A new affliction I call it media dome
But on the road famine is the programming
You want to watch a favorite show because it's so slamming
Hold hands and let's gaze into the beautiful glare
While we're here so immersed in this culture of fear
We fear the IRS, fear the INS
Fear God
I'm more afraid of the planet than the terror squad
Weapons overseas
Mastercard and Visa want to buy me the greed
They deceive
The enemy is in the fine print
They assassinate sally
With no sense of the selling
Represent an element ahead
A sentiment that you feel on the road for real
The deal starts with a spark concludes with a hand shake
Physical to alter the subliminal landscape
Relief thinking I can really trust that guy
To be honest could have should have really punched that guy
Now it's operation shank a banker
Thank you for the loan
See you when you come to repossess my home
Alone at night sweating with visions of Armageddon
I never seen the threat
Yet I feel threatened
Parts of our society designed to smear
Freedom don't succumb to this culture of fear
Fear fear fear
Don't succumb to this culture of fear
Fear fear fear
Don't succumb to this culture of fear



No comments: