Music by The Refusers

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Backwashes In Time: Five Variations Of The Same Theme - Five Poems by M.N. Hopkins


Version # 1

Backwashes in time

Reservoirs of our old pain

Open the flood gates

©  2019    M.N. Hopkins

Version # 2

Backwashes in time

Reservoirs of our old pain

Let loose, ride the wave

©  2019    M.N. Hopkins

Version # 3

Backwashes in time

Reservoirs of our old pain

Fear not and let go

©   2019    M.N Hopkins

Version # 4

Backwashes in time

Reservoirs of our old pain

Will you drain the swamp?

©   2019     M.N. Hopkins 

Version # 5

Backwashes in time

Reservoirs of our old pain

Will you drain the pain?

©   2019    M.N. Hopkins

Note:  In this poem the first line of it just popped into my head yesterday evening and the second line I constructed to fit the first.  The third line can to me over two days in five different versions.  I usually pick one version and discard the rest.  This time I decided to publish five different haiku poems with the same theme just slightly different wording.  I will ask you to pick the poem you think is best.  You can tell me which one in the comment section with a number, 1 to 5 if you would be so kind and are willing to do so.  I published all five poems on my blog today for the first time on the 6th of August,  2019.

If you liked these poem and would like to read more of my poetry,  please click upon the link provided below:

Poetry by M.N. Hopkins

6 comments:

Jason said...

I much prefer #1. It seems more dramatic and archaic

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

Hello Jason and thanks for your comment. I appreciate your input.


Kind regards,
Mike

Magnus said...

Hello!
Nice poem. I think it was good with many versions because after finishing the message was clear.

So first I liked No 4 best because it gave me a analogy of what it was all about, but after re-reading later I prefer No 2, because it feels like those words raise the consciousness to a level of being more receptive to healing.

Kindest regards
Magnus

NamiKaze said...

Hi,
I think all five of your verifications are very good. Each of them is individual and therefore good in its own way. Comparable to humans. Also here the differences are big or only small. But in itself already a perfect creation of his self. I'm sorry, I can't make up my mind....

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

Thanks for your reply to my question, Nami Kaze.

Kind regards,
Mike

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

Thanks for your input Magnus. Much appreciated.

Kindest regards,
Mike