Music by The Refusers

Monday, August 12, 2019

The Giver Or The Taker: Five Variations Of The Same Theme - Five Poems by M.N. Hopkins



Version # 1 

Now, which shall you be?

The giver or the taker

The wise one, said both

©  2019    M.N. Hopkins

Version # 2

Now, which shall you be?

The giver or the taker

Wisdom dictates both

©  2019    M.N. Hopkins

Version  # 3

Now, which shall you be?

The giver or the taker

Only you can choose

©  2019    M.N. Hopkins

Version # 4


Now,  which shall you be?

The giver or the taker

Freedom dictates choice

©  2019    M.N. Hopkins

Version # 5

Now, which shall you be?

The giver or the taker

Two sides of one coin

©  2019    M.N. Hopkins

Note:  In this poem the first line of it just popped into my head yesterday evening and the second and third  lines I constructed to fit the first over 2 days.    I usually pick one version and discard the rest.  This time I decided to publish five different haiku poems with the same theme just slightly different wording.  I will ask you to pick the poem you think is best.  You can tell me which one in the comment section with a number, 1 to 5 if you would be so kind and are willing to do so.  I published all five poems on my blog today for the first time on the 12th of August,  2019.

If you liked these poem and would like to read more of my poetry,  please click upon the link provided below:

Poetry by M.N. Hopkins


4 comments:

Magnus said...

Nice poem!
I like the 2nd one best! I think find a way between being a giver and a taker is as much balance. I think animals have this more naturally within (than our cultural and sociietal upraising) and one can often see how gladly they both give and recieve

Regards
Magnus

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

Thanks for your reply Magnus.

Kind regards,
Mike

NamiKaze said...

Version 3, I think. Because I think a lot of the natural balance that comes from within everyone. Every action should be self-determined. Every action should be determined by the own decision of the heart. Very beautiful poem

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

Hello Nami Kaze.

Thanks for replying to my question. Much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Mike