|Source of picture: http://dailyhealthpost.com/how-to-make-your-own-natural-sunscreen-using-coconut-oil/|
by Jessica Espinoza
Many carrier oils used in holistic and natural skincare have an intrinsic natural SPF, or sun protection factor, and coconut oil is one of many carrier oils which can be used to make a sun protection cream.
The recipe below for a natural homemade coconut oil sunscreen uses a variety of oils and produces more of a body butter. It is safe for the whole family to use, but make sure not to ingest it.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup shea butter
- 1/8 cup sesame or jojoba oil
- 2 tbsp. beeswax granules
- 1-2 tbsp. zinc oxide powder (optional)
- 1 tsp. red raspberry seed oil
- 20-30 drops carrot seed essential oil
- Essential oils of your choice (lavender, rosemary, vanilla, and/or peppermint are nice)