Music by The Refusers

Thursday, February 2, 2012

I’m Ringing The Message Loud - A Poem by Danielle ILene Bennett


I’m Ringing The Message Loud - A poem


I'm tired of the war drums calling our brothas in reaching to recruit our children…”I do say my child I’m here to stop a beating heart today”How much longer do we stand for the nonsense and contribute to the master plan to destroy our ancestors in the motherland

Always expecting a parade to corner our streets to show off the bloody hands of what was drawn to pull over once again a bloody sheet

Why shall we praise those who have embraced senseless killings since slave days

How many times are we going to be tricked by the propaganda of those in power warning us to stay within our own borders

Remember and don’t forget that those who we let cross over is now in the race against the witch hunt that our president now embrace

We are always fooled by the message that change will come different agenda but yet the same beat of the drum

When is it likely that we will be victorious in all the rights that were set before us to allow us to govern with our own voices

Or imagine this…taking from the military killas and drug dealas to invest back into the school so that we are certain that mama doesn’t raise a fool

Even a possibility that we can cause the military to give back our unpolluted environment stop the burning of gas from jets and scarring the land in which it treads

That’s it…I cant take it much longer…this is what I will do…

No my children… for you know not what you do…your heart will stay beating today

I will take that damn drum and throw it away

I will protest at every parade to remind everyone of what we are praising on that day

No longer be tricked by propaganda because knowledge is my power

Im stopping the witch hunt there is another underground railroad here at bay

I will use my voice to make sure I practice my rights to be heard in how I should best be governed

I will not contribute to the military killas and drug dealas and invest in my local schools because this mama isnt and raises no fools

Help to save our environment take it back from them because this isnt what democracy looks like….Im ringing the message loud… this isn’t what democracy looks like!

Danielle ILene Bennett

Source:

http://www.projectcensored.org/top-stories/articles/im-ringing-the-message-loud/

You might also wish to look at this blog entry:

http://mnhopkins.blogspot.com/2012/01/feb-4-mass-actions-demanding-no-war-no.html

 




 

4 comments:

Leovi said...

Wonderful words and message full of truths.

ruma said...

Hello, Stranger in a Strange Land.

  The coldest winter will be melted by your warm heart.
  The works gently accept all visitors.

  I praise your creative art sense.
  The prayer for all peace.
  
  Have a good weekend.
From Japan, ruma ❃

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

Hello Ruma:

Thank you very much for your kind words from Japan. A Land that understands and appreciates both the beauty in Nature and beautiful works of art.

Have a lovely weekend,
Mike

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

Hello Leovi:

Thank you for your kind words and for stopping by for a visit.

Kindest regards,
Mike