Music by The Refusers

Friday, February 27, 2015

I'd Rather Be - A Poem by Seldom Heard






I'd rather take part in this day and live, than fade away without knowing what life's all about. 

I'd rather take part in this day and live, than fade away without knowing what life's all about. 

I rather bathe in the light than drown in the darkness. 


I rather avoid loud crowds. 


I rather be still. 


Silently kept. 


Open, to absorb the knowledge from the trees that's been whispering into the passing wind. 


I rather be one with my soul than have pieces of me scattered about aimlessly with many who seek not the value of their existence, but rather the pleasure of materialism. 


I rather sacrifice the many fictitious likes, just to have a few that's genuinely real.


I rather hand pick the ripeness which will dwell within me than be structured by the rottenness that's thrown at me. 


I rather be free. 

I choose to be free. 

I am free. 

I am me."

~Seldom Heard 
© 2014


To find out more about SH, please click on the link provided below:

Seldom Heard


1 comment:

Tiana said...

This is beautiful!!! I choose to be free too.