Today, (Mon, Feb 11) Move to Amend's WE THE PEOPLE AMENDMENT will be introduced in Congress!
The We the People Amendment is the only amendment that deals with both Supreme Court doctrines that grant constitutional rights to artificial entities and that define spending money as free speech.
There are still many steps along the way, but this is a major milestone for the movement to amend!
Move to Amend will not now become a Congressional lobbying effort (not at this point). In fact now more than ever it is critical that we reach and educate the American people -- letting them know that there is a movement to get corporations out of our Constitution and big money out of our political process, and getting them involved.
What you can do:
- On Monday go to http://WeThePeopleAmendment.org for photos, video and updates on the coverage of the amendment drop. SHARE THESE UPDATES WITH YOUR FRIENDS via Facebook, Twitter and email! Let's make this viral!
- Ben Manski will be on Reddit.com at 1pm Eastern / 10am Pacific doing an "Ask Me Anything" interview about the We the People Amendment and Move to Amend. Tune in!
- Ask your friends to sign the Move to Amend petition to get involved in the campaign.
- If you're not already active in Move to Amend -- now's the time. Sign up to volunteer with an existing local MTA group or start one in your community.
- Make a donation to Move to Amend to support our work. We are a grassroots organization supported by donations from individuals like you.
Yours for democracy,
Ashley Sanders, Ben Manski, Daniel Lee, David Cobb, Egberto Willies, George Friday, Jerome Scott, Kaitlin Sopoci-Belknap, Laura Bonham, Nancy Price
Move to Amend National Leadership Team
PS -- Don't forget to tune in tomorrow for coverage on the amendment drop at http://WeThePeopleAmendment.org. We need all hands on deck to help spread the word and make this announcement viral!