Music by The Refusers

Monday, February 27, 2012

An Easy To Make Lime Cheesecake Recipe


Easy Lime Cheesecake

Ingredients:

10  digestives
75 grams butter
3 eggs
1 1/2 dl sugar
I lime
500 grams Philadelphia Cream Cheese
2 dl creme fresh

Bake form:

23 cm round bake form.

Makes 6 to 8 pieces

1st:  Mix the digestives and butter together and form a crust at the bootom of the bake dish and bake for 15 minutes at 200 C  ( 392 F)

2nd:  Mix the eggs and sugar together.

3rd:  Add the zest of one lime along with the juice.  Include the pulp pieces also.

4th:  Add the creme fresh and Cream cheese.

5th:  Pour the mixture over the botton layer of crust.

6th:  Bake for 45 minutes at 200 C (392 F) on a lower shelf in the oven.

7th:  Cool and enjoy eating.

Note:  I baked it for the first time last night and it was easy to make and quite tasty.

I used 11 digestives cookies in a ceramic round bake form.  In N.A. you can substitute graham crackers for digestives and sour cream for creme fresh.  I thought that 200 C was a bit high to bake at.  I think that 175 C (350 F)  might be a bit better.  Perhaps let it sit in the oven in the heat after the oven is off for another 30 minutes if it isn't firm enough.


1 comment:

chefgonin said...

Hello your items I find interesting, I visited your website and I noted some recipes. From Spain I invite you to visit my blog Valencia kitchen every week I updated, is very positive about other food cultures.

Valenciagastronomic.blogspot.com.es

You know what is the TARONCELLO? (homemade), alone in my blog you will find the answer - ...

I will follow visiting a greeting Chefgonin