Music by The Refusers

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

The Body/Mind/Soul Can Heal Itself by Monica Cassani

Source of picture:   Green Med Info
The Body/Mind/Soul Can Heal Itself

by Monica Cassani

Green Med Info,      30 November 2015


The mind/body/soul connection can allow you to heal in ways that prescription medications never could.

My body taught me how to get healthy. It's a celebratory wonder. No one else knew how to pull me out of the quagmire.

This wondrously animated bag of bones has only ever wanted my attention. The body knows about healing and survival and evolution and when acknowledged that leads to freedom.
Yes, the human beings capacities are awe inspiring.  And yet what we do to ourselves here in the west is tragic...we shut down these incredibly intelligent creatures.

I was sick since I was a child. Getting healthy is the most exciting thing I've ever done. I had no idea what was available with health. I simply hadn't experienced it to know.
Conventional medicine made sure I'd be sick from day one. It began with excessive and unnecessary long-term antibiotic treatments which left me vulnerable to the psych med iatrogenic injury later.

I now sometimes have trouble containing my glee as my body and mind starts feeling and understanding what health and well-being really is.
Most significantly I didn't know I was sick for most of my life. I thought I was healthy. Many people in the developed world today are like this and have no idea that they are not well.
We live in a world where substandard health is considered normal and even healthy and therefore most people simply don't realize it.

I was on a combination of six different psychiatric drugs. That included anti-depressants, mood-stabilizer, anti-psychotics, anxiolytics and a stimulant. If you imagine that cocktail must have made me sick. You're right.

By the time I realized what was happening I was severely ill. And by the time I got off the drugs I was even sicker.  It's referred to as psychiatric drug withdrawal syndrome. The name makes it sound like something that might last days or weeks but it actually left me bedridden and disabled for many years. These drugs change the entire nervous system so withdrawal sometimes means going through a period of far worse hell before coming out the other side.  It's also largely denied by the medical establishment.

What possesses a doctor to prescribe such a cocktail? They simply do not know better.  My doctor truly cared about me. He almost killed me too.

I have since learned how to avoid such treatment and help others to understand that their bodies/mind/spirits can help them get well in holistic and wholesome ways too. No one has to get sick like I did.

So, how did it all begin? While in college I had an experience that one might consider a kundalini awakening. No one knew how to work with spiritual emergence in my circle of family and friends so I became subject to psychiatry, which also does not recognize such forms of awakening. Psychiatry knows how to shut down these processes with medications. The unfortunate part is that often means there can be no moving through and healing the content if one never comes off of them. 

To read the entire article, please click on the link provided below:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done thank you

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

Thank Monica for her story.

Take care Martin,
Mike