Music by The Refusers

Monday, March 11, 2019

I Don't Fear Aging - A Poem by M.N. Hopkins



I don't fear aging

There is no aging within

Only refining

©  2019   M.N. Hopkins

Note:   I wrote this poem today after reflecting upon the years and my body aging yet within I feel just as alert and ageless as always and certainly much wiser.   I wrote it in the haiku style of poetry and published it for the first time on my blog today,  the 11th of March 2019.

If you liked this poem and would like to read more of my poetry,  please click upon the link provided below:

Poetry by M.N. Hopkins

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you Michael - It's been awhile - and I like what
you've written. Being now in my mid 80s - [83] - I can relate to what
you've shred. Much love and respect to you old friend and again
thanks for your sharing. My very best.

Daddy Mike - :)

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

Thanks old MB for stopping by and commenting on the poem.


My very best wishes,
Mike

Mathew Naismith said...

This is very true Mike. Good one.

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

Thanks Mat.

Mike

Magnus said...

I agree!
Even if I ptobably still is what is considered to be young (soon 33) I can relate to it in that way that even if so many still wanna be young, I think noone included myself would like to turn back time and be the same one was as a youngster! I think becoming older is the privilege of gaining life experience, become wiser but to stay young in mind is always an option.

Best regards
Magnus

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

Hello Magnus:

Age well.

Kind regards,
Mike