Music by The Refusers

Monday, July 30, 2018

Tennessee Greets Me - A Poem by M.N. Hopkins

Tennessee Sunset
Tennessee greets me

Driving to the family homestead

Felt the land's sweetness

© 2018  M.N. Hopkins

Note: This was inspired during the watching of a music show filmed in Tennessee and it bought back an old memory of driving toward Dad’s old place of birth and youth.  While in the car, I could feel an intense feeling of sweetness that felt like a greeting as if the spirit of the place was welcoming me.  This is the spirit that I wish to convey in this poem.

I wrote this poem over the weekend and published it for the first time on my blog today, the 30th of July, 2018 in the haiku style of poetry.

2 comments:

Magnus said...

Hello and thank you for sharing!

Nice pic and poem. I also like the difference sensations you can get at certain areas. I think US has so many more placera of powerful areas and nature and it is a sweet sensation egen those moments appear.

Kindest retarre

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

Yes, indeed Magnus