Music by The Refusers

Monday, June 29, 2015

10 Gandhi Quotations


The Indian luminary, famous for leading the Indian nation to independence in peaceful means, is deemed an inspirational figure to this day, over 60 years after his death in 1948. 
As a tribute to Gandhi, here’s a collection of some of his thought-provoking quotes. 

1. ON LIFE
"My life is my message."

2. ON BEING A SOLDIER
“I regard myself as a soldier, though a soldier of peace.“

3. ON FAITH IN HUMANITY
“You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

4. ON NONVIOLENCE
“Nonviolence is the first article of my faith. It is also the last article of my creed.”

5. ON THE SEVEN SINS
“Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice."

6. ON TRUTH
“An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support. It is self sustained.”

7. ON THE "STILL SMALL VOICE"
The only tyrant I accept in this world is the 'still small voice' within me. And even though I have to face the prospect of being a minority of one, I humbly believe I have the courage to be in such a hopeless minority.”

8. ON LIBERTY
“I’m a lover of my own liberty, and so I would do nothing to restrict yours.”

9. ON FORGIVENESS
“The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” 

10. ON THE NATURE OF MAN
“A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes."

Source:

Goodnet

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I want to write a book...about each of his quotes....not that they need awakening but that they have been dismissed...
Thank you for sharing...and God bless you.