Music by The Refusers

Tuesday, July 12, 2022

We Need To Talk About Putin by Mark Galeotti Book Review

 

I will approach this review from my opinion of biographies in general.  If a self biography, then one can only write through ones own filters of reality, belief systems and one's ego preferences.  The same will be true of biographies written about others with the addition of they will write through all the above listed qualities plus those qualities of many others since there research is based upon the views and/or opinions of other researchers and authors.  For my purposes, I will just state for the record that this review has been filtered through my belief systems, opinions, experiences and my own research on a number of subjects plus some limited research on the background and current work of the author.  I cannot say with certainty but I suspect the author is projecting some of his own motives and desires upon Mr. Putin and serving as a  propaganda or PR agent for those promoting a New Liberal World Order. 

I read this book based upon a recommendation.  It was an easy read and a book I do not regret reading. To be frank, I have been unable to form any strong opinions on this book due to my own limitations and lack of knowledge of Russians and their culture.  It is not a book that I would recommend.  It is not very well written or at least in a style of writing that I would be impressed by.  More like a post graduate paper written by an academic without any depth of intellect or understanding hoping to one day get some gigs on BBC or CNN as an expert.  Cherry picking whatever supports their opinions or deep formed prejudices and discarding whatever information will conflict with their thesis while seeking the approval or notice of some dull minded, pretentious academic. 

No comments: