Music by The Refusers

Thursday, September 19, 2019

I Am Man - A Poem by M.N. Hopkins



I am Man

I am one of you

As you are a part of me

We are family

Once together

Now apart 

You see

We have mutated

Transformed

Enlightened

Faster than you

While you crawled

We flew

Never forgetting our own

The love that we shared

As friends

As brothers and sisters

As mothers and fathers

As youth

As elders

We never looked down

Rather

We

Looked up

We serve

Until the day

When all are free

The masters will be servants

And

The servants will be masters

A day of reckoning will come

A day of remembrance

A day of redemption

Will come

That day

We will stand together

Eyeball to eyeball

Hand in hand

Then once again family

Will we be

Man

Yes

Once again in the same family

Once again 

We will be Man

And

All upon this Earth

Will know

And

Will Say

I am Man

©   2019     M.N. Hopkins

Note:     This poem was first inspired earlier this week.  The first few verses just flowed into my mind.  I have worked on this poem during the week and this is the end result.  I have written it in the free verse style of poetry and published it for the first time on my blog today, the 19th of September,  2019.

The term, Man refers to both genders as in Mankind or the family of Man.  My definition of Man is a more evolved or enlightened species somewhere between man and god.  I believe this is how we were once and as we shall be again.  We have only forgotten our ancient history and cannot see clearly in our current distracted or fallen state and reconnect to our former and future glory.

If you enjoyed this poem and would like to read more of my poetry,  please click upon the link provided below:

Poetry by M.N. Hopkins

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Michael you always give me a smile as I read your inspirational
writings. Thanks for including me when you sent this out. Be well my
friend - my best to you as always.

Michael B.

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

You are so very welcome MB.


My kindest regards and best wishes,
Mike