Music by The Refusers

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

An Old Lakota Sioux Prayer Song - by Frank Fools Crow

Source of picture:   http://www.barefootsworld.net/siouxprayers.html

This is an old Lakota prayer song that helps one to look and perhaps deal with one's own shortcomings in order to become a better person.  Painful, but necessary at certain times in ones life.  I happened to open up a book about Fools Crow who was a Lakota Sioux Holy Man that was written by Thomas E. Mails and this prayer song caught my eyes.  I will include a copy of the book cover in this blog entry,


Here is the prayer song as sung by Fools Crow to Thomas Mails:


Great Ones

Pity Me

Help me look honestly at myself

Truth is coming

It hurts me

I am glad

You can make me better


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

Indeed Kimberly.

Kindest regards,
Mike
ps: Where have you been?