Music by The Refusers

Monday, March 18, 2019

To Whom Do You Serve? - A Poem by M.N. Hopkins




Oh, such tenderness

Within the human spirit

To whom do you serve?

©  2019  M.N. Hopkins

Note:    The first two verses of this poem were inspired and came directly to me a few days ago after watching a movie in which one of the main characters was a very sweet, sensitive and kind person which is a rarity in our world of socially engineered mental illness and a long list of genders.   I tried 4 different versions of the 3rd line but none were right in my mind.  I thought to have patience and wait for a week or even a month if necessary and had faith the final verse would come to me eventually.   While walking today, the 18th of March, 2019 the words came to me.  Luckily, I carry paper and pen on me for occasions as this.   I wrote the entire poem out and published it today, the 18th of March 2019 in the haiku style of poetry.

No comments: