Music by The Refusers

Friday, April 3, 2020

Holy Ghost Fire - A Poem by M.N. Hopkins


Pray to God direct

Prophets, Saints, Angels come with


Holy Ghost Fire


©   2020   M.N. Hopkins


Note:    This poem was inspired while out cycling and thinking about a song by Larkin Poe, a musical duet.   Anyhow, the words for this poem came to  when Holy Ghost Fire came into my head.  After the other two lines came and I was able to remember them all upon my return home.  I quickly wrote the poem down for later publication.   I have lost dozens of poems by not carrying a pen & paper on my body and was not going to loose this one.

This poem was written in the haiku style of poetry and published for the first time on my blog today, the 3rd of April, 2020.



  
You tube link.            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwrjLfYj0hs

1 comment: